Vince and Lora have been married since 1997 and have two amazing children, Emma and Bennett. They moved their family to Hopkinsville in 2011 to become the senior pastors of what was then called, Christ Community Church. They changed the name to Journey Church in 2016 as it better reflected the vision to help others on their journey. They are very relational and love getting to connect with people to help them unlock their purpose.
Pastor Will and his wife, Julie, have been with us since the beginning. You won't find anyone who is makeing disciples like them. They carry the unique ballance of truth and love in every relationship they pour into. Not only do they teach at the church and handle the ins and outs of ministry but Will also founded "Men's Fight Club" where men from multiple churches connect for Kingdom purposes.
When you sit down with Kamarr and his wife, Laura, you will immediately feel like you've been friends for years.
Dr. Kamarr not only preaches and teaches on Sundays and Wednesday nights at Journey but is passionate about helping people become whole: spiritually, emotionally, mentally, and physically. They are an amazing assit to the body of believers and you too will love getting to know them more.
Kari Yerton and Bryan & Chessa Campbell
Our worship reflects the generations. With two sets of worship leaders that rotate every other month it allows us to experience the fullness of Kingdom style worship---in Spirit and Truth.
You'll absolutly love connecting with our leadership on Sundays at they pour their hearts into making Jesus famous and leading others into heartfelt expressions of love, joy, faith and hope in Christ Jesus.
The Carrolls are all about pouring their heart, energy, and passion into the next generation. Brian and Kimberly love teenagers and are a massive fan of taking youth with them on the journey of faith.
Be sure to check out Journey Youth on Wednsday nights as it's the lauching point to connect the rest of the week with coffee meet ups, Instagram connections and other events throughout the month for impacting teen's lives.
Every church has a list of beliefs that do create its foundation of faith. Our Journey Church beliefs are as follows:
- We believe the Bible to be the only inspired, infallible, and authoritative Word of God.
- We believe in one God who reveals Himself as Father, Son, and Holy Spirit.
- We believe in the deity of Jesus Christ, His virgin birth, in His atoning death, in His bodily resurrection, and in His ascension to the right hand of the Father.
- We believe marriage is the union between one man and one woman.
- We believe God created man and woman completely without the need of sexual altercation.
- We believe in evangelistic and missionary fervor and endeavor.
- We believe in salvation through the redeeming blood of Jesus Christ.
- We believe in water baptism by immersion. We believe the believer is kept by the power of God through faith unto salvation.
- We believe that divine healing is available on the basis of atonement.
- We believe in sanctification and holiness of heart and overcoming life as Scriptural requirements for Christ-followers.
- We believe in the baptism of the Holy Spirit, the manifestation gifts, the five-fold ministry, and end-time revival.
- We believe in Christ’s personal return in power and great glory, in His reign, and everlasting dominion.
- We believe in the resurrection of both the saved and the lost. Those who are saved unto the resurrection of eternal life are referred to as Heaven, and those who are lost unto the resurrection of eternal punishment are referred to as Hell.